Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Chinese Food



The food is delicious. I was told that Chinese food in America is a bastardization of real Chinese food. It is true. The food is so rich and the flavors are so unique. From the sweet breads to the dumplings to the beef dishes and even the octopus, everything I have eaten has been exceptional.

Except for the food I have not eaten.

There are just some things I will not eat. Organs. I will not eat them. Chicken blood. Nope.

Here, you need to ask about EVERY ingredient in your food. Then, ask again.

I can’t drink the water. I will get poisoned, they say. I can’t eat local fruit or vegetables with the skin unless I wash them with water. The poisoned water. So, now I need to wash everything in salt water.

The salt kills the poison (bacteria) in the water. The water washes the poison off the food.

I really like bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment