Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My First Massage

I really wanted to make the title to this post "My First Message" because I NEVER would have thought I'd have a massage.

But, man, do I feel good.

A few days ago, I asked a friend here whether there were any places to get a good Chinese massage...

and then quickly added "appropriate massage."

She recommended Dragonfly.

Today, I made an appointment. It was all I could do to show up.

It was a nice place with a lot of water, stones and relaxing music.

The masseuse took me to a room where she gave me clothes that looked like pajamas. I asked her what I needed to take off.

She said, "everything."

I wondered if my friend didn't quite understand what "appropriate massage" meant.

"Even my underwear?"

"What's underwear," she asked.

I pulled my boxers (OK, too much information) slightly from under my shorts.

Yes, I needed to take off my underwear.

"These (pajamas) will cover you."

Good.

I think she could tell I was nervous. Why?

Because it took me about five minutes to change. I had to talk myself into it.

When she came back in, I asked, "what do I do now?" Nervous clue #2.

For the next hour, she poked and slammed and pushed and pinched (yes, pinched--that hurt a little). My head, neck, shoulders, back and legs.

Then she said we were finished.

Before I arrived at Dragonfly, I promised myself I would not try to watch the clock or count the minutes in my head. I was not going to run out immediately when we were finished because I was embarrassed and wanted to get away.

Instead, I asked her for more. I paid for another 30 minutes.

At the front desk, they had shirts that said, "This Can be Addicting."

Yep.

1 comment:

  1. A Chinese Massage in China, is that anything like ordering French Vanilla Ice Cream in France?

    ReplyDelete