Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Family

My family arrived yesterday. As you can imagine, it has been great to
have them here. We had Chinese food unlike any they have ever tasted.
Leia had her hair washed without water (ask her about that), Rachel
and I saw people doing Tai Chi (ask her about the tree), and Elliot
ate a bun (we didn't even pay for it). Lisa is just trying to take it
all in (another way of saying she is overwhelmed), just like I was on
my first day.
They have been with our guide, Apple, walking through my favorite part
of Shanghai, the French Concession. I am on the bus heading back from
my final class. I will sure miss my students. We exchanged gifts and a
lot of kind words. When I arrive back in Shanghai, we will meet for
dinner. It is great to have them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment